Our client is a leading Marketing Technology Stack provider (SaaS) that is helping brands redefine their customer engagement in the mobile era. Brands use to the tool to drive long-term, personalized, and context-based engagement across channels to help achieve increased customer retention and lifetime value.
Leveraging technology including artificial intelligence, big data, and web + mobile platforms the product analyzes billions of data points generated by customers and their devices to predict customer behavior and build data-led marketing campaigns that proactively engage users. The company is recognized as a leader by Gartner, Forrester, and G2.
The General Manager role:
Our client is looking for a General Manager (GM) in North America to lead our Sales and Solutions Consulting teams in the US and Canada. This position reports to the Chief Business Officer(CBO) and will play a key role in the US executive leadership team. They will be responsible for the strategic direction and oversight of the Sales and Solutions Consulting teams in both the Enterprise and Mid-Market segments for North America.
- Partner with global leadership and C-Suite including the CEO and the CBO to scale the business and revenue in NA with direct ownership of the region.
- Develop and execute revenue plans to accelerate growth in the US region and to achieve regional targets every quarter/year.
- Hire, develop, coach, and manage the sales teams and sales leaders while clearly defining goals and priorities.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing and SDR / BDR teams in the region to ensure pipeline generation
- Prepare and manage revenue reporting including weekly sales forecasts, sales performance reports, monthly action plans for improvement, and twice quarterly business reviews.
- Actively participate in closing large sales opportunities with the team when necessary.
- Close new business through channel partners by building effective relationships within our ecosystem and managing the partner sales team
- Collaborate closely with Operations, ensuring technology, people & processes are in place to support the sales and sales engineering teams in successfully scaling
- Maintain a strong presence in the industry through regular active attendance and participation at events, industry conferences, and partner sponsorships
- Minimum of 10 years experience in SaaS sales with a minimum of 7 years of sales management - enterprise and mid-market direct sales, channel sales, and solutions consulting.
- Ownership mentality, comfortable taking a hands-on approach to rapidly scale this portion of the business.
- Successful sales and sales management track record at a fast-moving, well-funded company that has challenged larger incumbents and grown ARR more than 10X
- Experience hiring and leading a minimum of 15 Account Executives, Solutions & Sales Managers to consistently achieve their quotas
- Experience working closely and influencing Marketing, BDR, Sales Ops, and Customer Success teams to achieve well-defined shared goals and objectives
- Experience developing sales strategies and contributing to enablement programs; effectively ramping up new team members.
- Proven ability to operate in a global, multicultural environment
- Polished executive presence with the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Highly organized & effective time management skills